The research group “RNA viruses and host factors” at the Institut de Génétique Moléculaire de Montpellier (IGMM), France, which is a mixed research structure (CNRS and University of Montpellier), is recruiting a laboratory technician for a 1-year contract (renewable) in virology to study RNA viruses and their replication across animal species.
Contract information : Full-time for 1-year (renewable) starting in September 2021
Using deltaviruses as simple RNA virus models, our group aims to identify and characterize host factors essential for replication of RNA viruses in both human and animal hosts. We are using and building new molecular tools (e.g. Replicons, Microscopy, Genetic and Proteomic pipelines) to study and understand deltavirus infection in both human and animal hosts.
You will be working directly with Karim MAJZOUB. You will have general responsibilities in managing the day-to-day lab needs (e.g. orders, stocks). You will also have your dedicated research project that aims to develop new molecular tools to visualize thanks to fluorescent microscopy deltavirus infections in human and animal cell culture models.
- Build and validate new vectors and replicons of deltaviruses in human and animal cell culture models (e.g. Snake, insect, avian, murine).
- Visualize and track deltavirus infection by fluorescent microscopy
- Production and purification of recombinant viral proteins.
Lab Management :
- Management of the lab’s reagents stocks
- Management of the lab orderings and missions (Geslab)
- Control of decontamination and management of chemical and biological waste in line with hygiene and security rules
- Controlling the application of hygiene and security rules for all team members
- Contribute to the training of new lab members
- Diploma requirement: Bac +2/3 minimum (e.g. Bachelor of science, BTS, DUT, Licence) in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related disciplines.
- Experience of 2+ years in a research lab environment (public or private)
- Experience with classical molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, RT-qPCR, Western Blot)
- An experience in fluorescent microscopy is not mandatory but highly desired
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Scientifically curious, innovative and well organized
- Ability to deliver recurring results/reports to required standard and schedule
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and names of referees,before 22/08/2021 (Midnight) to email@example.com
Submit your application (reference 2021-R0336) on the websit: UM Emplois